New Ray Mears series

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Just had this come through from the Woodlore mailshot.

We are delighted to inform you that the first episode of Ray's new series "Bushcraft" will be shown on BBC 2 at 8pm on Thursday 9th September 2004.

Should be interesting......

Cheers

Mark

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Although this did amuse me:

Raymears.com mailing list robot

I wonder what other aspects of bushcraft could be done by technology...

THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-MAKE-FIRE-BY-FRICTION:
<this fire has performed an illegal operation and will be put out>
OH-BUGGER

James Watson

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2004
Salisbury
www.nativeawareness.co.uk
I've a little inside info on the series, or at least one episode...

I was talking to John lord, who teaches flint knapping on Rays classes. He was asked to make some flint tools suitable for making a primitive bow. I think chris, Rays bow maker will demo how it's done. Should be interesting.

Oh, if your interested in flint knapping have a look at Johns site www.flintknapping.co.uk

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
tomtom said:
pub=everynight but do i want to miss one

I don't go to the Pub but I may start going, if thats what they are putting on.

I want to know how he can get up in the morning with not a hair out of place and not a crease in his clothes??? whats the secret. :?:

I never look like that in the morning not even when I am at home.

Why does Lofty Wiseman appeal to me more :wave:

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
bothyman said:
I want to know how he can get up in the morning with not a hair out of place and not a crease in his clothes??? whats the secret. :?:

Probably about 20 film and location crew bods...

Deep in the woods with makeup artists, lighting, sound, camera and someone ironing his clothes just round the back of his tarp :eek:): :eek:):

The only way to travel backwoods :rolmao:

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Thats canoeing night !!!! not fair not fair :red:
I heard he also makes a dug out canoe in the somerset levels :wink:
lookin forward to that episode.
Cheers
Rich

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I am excited already it has been so long since his last series I've had withdrawl symptoms. My wife was a bit concerned when she saw I had written the first program on the kitchen calender (sad I know) but I didn't want to forget.

Bill

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
tenbears10 said:
My wife was a bit concerned when she saw I had written the first program on the kitchen calender (sad I know) but I didn't want to forget.

Bill

Thank God! It's not just me! Even better, I've set a reminder alarm on my watch for 10 mins beforehand.

Scott

Jan 2, 2004
Coventry, UK
Taken from the BBC website, next weeks episode is...

Ray Mears' Bushcraft
Thu 9 Sep, 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm 60mins

Aboriginal Britain

Ray Mears explores the world of Bushcraft, the art of living outdoors relying on a knowledge of the natural world. Tonight he travels back in time to the Stone Age for a unique view of Aboriginal Britain.

Using only the tools of the time, Ray shows how hunter gatherers survived here. From flint napping to bow making, Stone Age fire lighting to cooking venison, Ray celebrates our lost Bushcraft and encourages us to see our land in a new light.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Great to see Ray has a new programe out,seems ages since his last one.Really looking forward to it now. :smile:

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
looks like there will be a lemming style mass suicide if the prgram isn't upto expectations

(In fact lemmings don't commit suicide at all once every four years or so teh plants they eat become poisonous so most of them die off)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Well I for one am really looking forward to watching it..... I guess these forums will be empty for an hour while its on..... then the hundreds of posts will follow ;-)

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE