New overcoat for old SAK

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I was so impressed with the re-handling jobs done by various members that I'd thought I'd have a shot at it on an ancient SAK that has definitely seen better days. I had some small bits of American black walnut left after a job so I shaped them up, drilled some holes to accommodate the pivots and stuck it all together with Araldite. I used varnish and furniture wax to finish it off.

knife3j.jpg

knife4c.jpg

knife1b.jpg

knife2l.jpg

I'm pleased with the result but not so over the moon that I think I don't need to improve. As a result, I'm going to try again with a newer SAK and a bit of oak. This stuff is addictive...:)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Very nice :)

It is very adictive, just dont forget to keep one for your self. I did about 5 or 6 gave them all away and lost mine :rolleyes:

nowhereman

Mar 9, 2011
In The Forest
Hello - I've done exactly the same thing but on mine I tried to sit grooves for the tweezers/pick - it aaaalmost worked - BUT, i'd forgotton how epoxy spreads, it basically filled the grooves up! Not sure but might try either a much smaller amount of epoxy in 'spots' or some strategically placed acetone..hmmm. I shall definately be doing this again though, it is addictive I agree...

Dan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE