New neck knife wanted

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
As above, looking at either the ESEE Izula or the Becker Necker.

Can anyone recomend either of these two or suggest an alternative.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I've got a Becker Necker, and I rate it very highly.

For a start in its sheath it makes a very flat package to slip under your shirt. Secondly you can get on a good edge on it (it's a sabre grind I think). It's relatively inexpensive (40 something?), and lastly you can set it up with all sorts of survival gubbins, if that's your bag (some ideas in Pict / Colhane's Youtube vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=9BwUydd2JKo).

I tend to set mine up with a bit of inner tube around the sheath (which some people sell as a ranger band, apparently :rolleyes:) which holds a little Inova light - very handy.

As far as I'm aware the Izula is very similar (I believe they make a Becker / Izula hybrid too), so I think the choice comes down to whichever one you like the look of the best!

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I've got a Becker Necker, and I rate it very highly.

For a start in its sheath it makes a very flat package to slip under your shirt. Secondly you can get on a good edge on it (it's a sabre grind I think). It's relatively inexpensive (40 something?), and lastly you can set it up with all sorts of survival gubbins, if that's your bag (some ideas in Pict / Colhane's Youtube vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=9BwUydd2JKo).

I tend to set mine up with a bit of inner tube around the sheath (which some people sell as a ranger band, apparently :rolleyes:) which holds a little Inova light - very handy.

As far as I'm aware the Izula is very similar (I believe the make a Becker / Izula hybrid too), so I think the choice comes down to whichever one you like the look of the best!

I watched this reveiw and was impressed with it but also heard good about the Izula too.
Not too fussed about the 'survival kit' bits. I like the idea that its a nice neat package that will slip down my shirt and be there when needed.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Yep, he's a member over on BB, also on facebook. He's good to deal with. Shame you are'nt a bit nearer or we could of met up & you could of tried it out.

Rob

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
See if you can pick up one from Guy Stainthorpe, he's over on BB. Lovely little knife.

guysep2.jpg

guysep1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE