New member saying hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pawprints

May 29, 2013
Sheffield
Hello to all,

I am James, I was introduced to the forum when we met Treadlightly and his characterful black dog Monty at the bushcraft show last weekend.

He was in the Neighboring tent and told me of Bushcraftuk.com......Thank you to him.....I have enjoyed browsing the forum today, probably did spend over an hour on here as eluded to in the previous thread!

I have a youngish family, boy of seven, a girl of nine, and a wonderful wife who has been involved in guiding all her life. We are relative newbees to hardcore bushcraft but do camping, walking and hiking. My wife and I did mountaineering before the kids came along.

My kids are taking to bushcraft with enthusiasm. The activities and personalities we met at the bushcraft show, both this year and in 2012, have inspired us all. I must say..respect.. to Ian of Lonescout Bushcraft who spent the whole show on his knees, selflessly and with great patience teaching countless children safe knife handling. If he is on here or anyone knows him then I would like to extend my thanks for his time he spent teaching my kids about the 'Triangle of death"!!!. I hope his knees have recovered.
My son took a liking to PJ and Pablo, I couldn't keep away fro. the Orford's stall drooling over the goods and listening to the tutorials, and my wife seemed to now be dreaming about going off to exotic places for a couple of weeks with a man called Ben McNut!
As you can see we all had a good time at the show.

I am looking forward to learning more about bushcraft for myself and to pass on to my children, I also hope to meet some like minded people.
I have an interest in knifemaking having made one from a Enzo stick tang blank for my wife recently. Leather work is my hobby so I see a few projects I could work on and take advice from the compound knowledge apparent in the forum membership.

Gosh, don't I ramble on.... I only intended to say hello.

Bye.

Regards,
James

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
Ey up James, I was at the Bushcraft show all weekend with my daughter (9 years old) and your right about Ian of Lonescout Bushcraft, very good of him, in fact very good of everyone who did demos and talks, if your on here . . . . THANK YOU. :cool:
Welcome to the forum James. :)

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Hi James, I was at the bushcraft show too, it was great wasn't it? And we had sun! I have two daughters of ten and seven, I homeschool them and try to teach them bushcraft stuff regularly and I have to say this forum is fantastic for picking up tips.
TH

Pawprints

May 29, 2013
Sheffield
Thank you to all for the warm welcome! I have changed my Avatar, it is a closeup picture of the carving I did for my wife, Sandy's, knife sheath. This Norse Dragon was inspired by the dragon Heads we saw on the Stave Churches during our 3 week camping tour of the Fjords in 2011.
Cheers,
James

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE