New knife laws

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

briantllb

Nov 15, 2023
Sheffield, England.
I've just heard on my local Radio's news and it's said that there going to ban the sale of Machete's and Serrated knives anyone else heard of this?.
yeah they probably will, not that it will make the slightest difference to those that use them as a weapon only those that are already law abiding will be affected

briantllb

Nov 15, 2023
Sheffield, England.
I've just heard on my local Radio's news and it's said that there going to ban the sale of Machete's and Serrated knives anyone else heard of this?.
A machete can be a legitimate tool as can a lockable pruning saw equally a nasty weapon. it kind of depends on why and where you have it. Walking about on the street could take some explaining, having it on an allotment for example would be easier to justify, mine is a bloody jungle at the moment so a big knife aka machete is a necessity. My "machete" is an army survival knife, their description, its not that big but is effective and certainly not a stabbing tool. It is merely a tool not a weapon but even a ballpoint pen can be a weapon in the wrong hands which depends entirely on intent. Like a six cell Maglite it is either a torch or a baton depending on what you tell them when they ask why you have it. Just think before you answer the inevitable question. Taking a machete to an allotment is a reasonable excuse, self defence is not. Carrying a fixed blade knife while camping as a utility tool can be a reasonable excuse for having it with you, carrying it on a belt in a village however remote is unlikely to be acceptable or considered reasonable. Keep it in your backpack. What they can't see can't hurt you and they cant search you without good reason and they have to keep a record o the reason for any search and give you a written copy of the reason they carried out the search, but you have to ask for it at the time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE