New Friend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi, My name is Brian Curnel, I live in Northern Alabama and I own and operate a wilderness school here in Alabama but mostly operate it in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Clayton, GA. I have been an outdoor educator for 15 years about 12 of those being in outdoor survival and Primitive Technology. Bushcraft, Campcraft whatever it is I have a passion for it. Anyway, I just wanted to say a bit about myself so that the community knows who and what I am.

G'day
Brian

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Hi Brian. A warm welcome on this dull, wet day. Over here anyway... :umbrella:

BTW I clicked on your website and it don't appear to be working at the moment...are you modifying it :rolleyes:

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Hiya Brian sounds to me your a lucky guy, Blue Ridge Mountains how fantastic, so come on then.............how much for me to come out and do a course.

Welcome to BCUK

Thanks all for such a welcoming greeting! I really hope that I'll be able to contribute to this great community!

Joker...are you joking here? LOL yes though I am a luck man but it also has it's price. Primitive Technology is not that popular here unfortunately, though I am trying every year to get more interest in outdoor activities such as Bushcraft. people just will not seem to make the time to do these things here like they will in the UK and Australia. The mentality here is just depressing when it comes to individuals being involved with PT. But anyway come over and we'll just hang out for Zero cost! :You_Rock_

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Welcome Brian from a windy and wet London.

Brian Curnel said:
Primitive Technology is not that popular here unfortunately, though I am trying every year to get more interest in outdoor activities such as Bushcraft. people just will not seem to make the time to do these things here like they will in the UK and Australia.

I had the USA down as far more advanced than the UK! But this forum does seem to have brought people together and we have probably come on fast in the last couple of years.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Welcome to the forum Brian. A new friend indeed. I've always maintained that I'll treat each man I meet as a new friend, unless he proves me to be wrong...........

Is that a serious invitation? You could wake up to find a dozen or more of us on your doorstep one morning! *LOL*

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Hi Brian,

It's nice to hear from you mate and it's always good to have another Brian on the forum.

Brian :lmao:

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Brian Curnel said:
Thanks all for such a welcoming greeting! I really hope that I'll be able to contribute to this great community!

Joker...are you joking here? LOL yes though I am a luck man but it also has it's price. Primitive Technology is not that popular here unfortunately, though I am trying every year to get more interest in outdoor activities such as Bushcraft. people just will not seem to make the time to do these things here like they will in the UK and Australia. The mentality here is just depressing when it comes to individuals being involved with PT. But anyway come over and we'll just hang out for Zero cost! :You_Rock_

I tell ya what Brian Im tempted to take you up on that :D it could be an xmas gift from the wife.........flight tickets. I'll have to work on this one

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Welcome to Bushcraft UK Brian, that was a great introduction and I hope you have an enjoyable experience here on BCUK. The members are fantastic and if you have any questions then just ask away, there’s always someone who knows where to point you.

We look forward to your input on the forum, I expect you’ve got a lot of knowledge to share.

Anyway, see you about ;)

Hey everone. Yeah I am serious about anyone coming to US, i'd love to have friends that want to expand their knowledge of regional materials and uses. I am still working on my site need to make some pics for tutorials and stuff, but it is up. There is a chat room there so come by and chat. Thanks again for the nice invitations.

Bri

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE