New Friend / Member from Alaska

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 4, 2023
Alaska
Hello Everyone!
My name is Chad Orde AKA Island Drifter
I joined to learn more skills and experience from the UK.
I'm sure we have different ideas and styles to what we do. I really enjoy
different culture and reading and seeing what you all have done.
I live in Alaska on one of the rainforest islands. Tongass National Forest
We are considered subsistence and in the bush, although we are unique because we have a road system
due to the logging. Family of 5 with 1 German Shepherd I spent the last 21 years as an automation engineer.
Decided to move off to the bush to give my kids a better life.... Homeschool etc.. Its been a trip..
Trying to start a YouTube channel to share adventure with friends and family.
We fish, hunt and gather here on the island very fun, and very wet haha.
Be blessed,
Chad

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Welcome, Chad. I'm not far south of you, 53N, in a mountain village on the mainland. This is a great site to reveal what to do when opportunities are restricted in a compact and densely populated district.

Reactions: Island Drifter
Jul 20, 2010
Merseyside
Welcome mate. I’m sure you will find loads of interesting conversations I know I did. And lots of answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Hi and welcome! I'd love to see some photos from your island! I spent some time on Vancouver Island and fell in love with that type of coast and coastal forest.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
USCG Airstation Kodiak, a visit to Point Barrow with an anti whaling group AND the only Outsider the Inuit would talk to, 3 Archaeological
Summer excavations .
Connect with Lonnie of Alaska Bushcraft on YouBoob yet?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE