New Folder Advice?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I've seen em broken, Goodness knows what they did with it. I'm not all that keen on them myself but they do have their place. Some makers are better then others though.
The Rodgers ones don't seem up to much, maybe the adams ones are a bit better but I'm not sure

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I thought i'd give you some experience of an opinel i own...

I went away for a weekend new year 2003-4. The company i had really wasn't great, i won't say who it was...:wink: But thats not the point, this is how i got onto my story of the opinel...

I got a medium log, the fire-type...and carved...and carved...and carved...and carved...until it was the size of a golf tee. I can say, that this was a far greater challenge than the opinel should have been faced with, but it coped, very well.
A few strokes across a steel and it was sharp. It wasn't razor as i didn't know how to get a razor edge then (i hadn't found BCUK or BB ;) ).

It was boring, but as you can imagine, better than the converstation :shock:

:biggthump

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Thanks everybody, I'm tabbing and googling as I write this...

Lots of ideas here and quite a few names I had not considered or even heard of.

Thanks again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE