New firelighting tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I've one and it works quite nicely as long as its very sunny, Edinburgh's not known for being very sunny though....

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
We used to use these in the desert to light our ciggies with, more of a novelty than anything. I think I still have mine somewhere, a gift from Halliburton if my memory serves me correctly.

They've certainly been around for the last 15 years, maybe longer.

ForestNH/VT

Sep 6, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
I saw the coke can/chocolate bar on Mythbusters. I had just never seen a commercial product before. As I said, not really practical, but some pyros just can't have enough kit:)

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle

Oh well. IF the sun is shining, one can get along with a piece of glass. For example a glass from an old watch = cheaper and easier to carry. (Or to follow the second example, have prepared the bottom of a Soda can at home and such saved prcious chocolate)
This specific device looks like being created from a bunch of german engineers following their typical credo "why doing it simple if we can complicate things".

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE