New, credit card sized pot stand design

Dec 12, 2012
Colorado
This design for a pot stand is, I believe, a new one. The size of a credit card and extremely stable with my 5.5" pot, it allows the whole soda can stove, fuel etc, etc to be packed into the pot easily.

The stand is fabricated from wire coat hanger and a little aluminium for the hinge. In my case I have used a little bit of flashing but heavy duty oven liners from Safeway work just fine too (also for the windscreen). I would rather use bicycle spokes for the stand but my bike can't spare them at the moment. Note: Costco (US) oven liners are a little thicker/stronger than Safeway oven liners. At least, they are where I live.

If you already use a heat reflector under your stove then you are half way there. The reflector becomes a part of the pot stand, adding rigidity.

Dimensions:

Reflector radius - 2.5"
Pot stand radius - 2.25"
Height - 3"
Foot size - 1"
Hinge - 1" with 0.25" overlap (bent) to hold hinge on.

P1010260.JPG

P1010255.JPG

If you use a simmer ring and/or snuffer, then the hinge needs to be a little shorter than my choice of 1", or the stand needs to be a little higher.

I hope this helps.

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Interesting.
Could you do a How-To for us?

I can see the basics of the design, but your hinge isn't very clear

Thanks for sharing.... Now to murder a coathanger ;)

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Welcome to the forum, nice first post! Looks like a good design, what weight of water would you rate it too?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE