New Compact BG Knife

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It's been pointed out to me by Danzo on BB that apart from the non serrated fine edge version of the BG knife we know is coming soon, Gerber are also releasing a new compact model. After being surprised and won over by the last one, I'm looking forward to testing this one out.

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/GB...ar-grylls-survival-series-compact-fixed-blade

90574_sCCY0MvC9rFwxfQyVIslzXNnW.jpg

G1066_ANGLE.jpg

Last edited:

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Dare I say it, I quite like that one to!! Has it a full hidden tang??

Website says it has and I'm wondering if that is the tang sticking out the back of the handle on the photo. I still don't like the serations but actually I would like to try it.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Just posted this on BB, but has anyone noticed that this Compact is very similar in size and features to Rob Bayley's original Grylls S4. And that would be a winning combo for Gerber a sit is a cool design. The flatness and size make it a great knife for slipping into packs and pockets unobtrusively.

Check the design drawings in the original picture I posted too. One of them has an uncanny resemblance to a prototype Rob Bayley came up for a hybrid based on mine and his design before we finalised it...

90574_sCCY0MvC9rFwxfQyVIslzXNnW.jpg

RobBayleyDesigns-1.jpg

I would love to have seen that go into production. But Gerber probably came to the same conclusion as Rob and I that it was too severe a ramp and would hamper use, rather than enhance it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE