New camera for a photography amature/enthusiast?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Just hoping somebody has some advice/recommendations for a new camera for an amateur. I currently mainly use my Galaxy S5 but also have a Sony QX10 lens but not really used properley yet as forgot to take it or left batteries at home so still may keep this as main option for out an about. However I am been considering getting a dedicated camera, something like a Sony HX300 maybe as I quite like the look of it.

Although I am not afraid to get hand out of pocket I don't want anything too expensive for first camera but want something with decent enough lens as well as shutter speed etc for long exposure shots so I can take some night sky pictures while out.

Any recommendations? :)

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
For night sky stuff your best bet may be a SLR with a wide, fast manual focus lens..

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Loch-Doon-Castle.jpg

I've been doing this kind of stuff with a Canon 6D and an f/2.8 lens.

Having said that, The Sony sensors seem to have a slight edge on low light results.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE