New Bushy design. (lots of pics)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
I like it, design makes a lot of sense for many tasks.

Clones are ok and usually a proven design but there are tons of them about so, in my opinion, breaking the mold a bit is a good thing, and for you a likely seller.

There is always someone out there who goes out and does it and finds what's readily available lacking for their needs and for this I am thinking carving whilst I do not think its overall design will be any less capable for the majority of other "bushcraft" tasks.

Nice work as per....

Marc

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
I like it. It looks like it's built to be functional. Breaking the mould is not a bad thing. Could be a new classic.

Last edited:

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
Looked at this a few times, and still cant decide on it. As said before it looks a bit like a kitchen knife. Would have to see how it feels in the hand and in use.

But design/shape aside, it has a nice line to the edge and from what ive seen of your work (unfortunately not in the flesh yet) it will be an extremely good tool

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Only njust seen this one - I think that's a very appealing design, it looks like a great workaday blade to me; I've got a very old shoe knife in my harness-making kit that's shaped similar to this and it's one of the most efficient blades I've ever had. I'd be seriously tempted to buy such a thing.........................atb mac
Cheers Mac :)

I like this, I like this a lot. Nice to see a non-clone bushcraft knife. that curved spine looks like it will facilitate some great knife control and comfortable grip when say choking up or doing smoothing strokes. Also looks like it will be very clever in the game and general food prep department. Congratulations Mark, if it handles as well as it looks it should it will be stunning. It's also as ever with your work darn pretty too.

ATB,
Colin.
Thanks Colin. :) The weather here is miserable today, so i'm not going to be able to get out and do much with it as i was gonna put it through the usual tests in the garden and i have no place to put a tarp up. But yeah its a well controllable blade. I did the blade length at 90mm as i find this a better length than the standard 4". Yes, its very nimble in the hand too :)

I like it, design makes a lot of sense for many tasks.

Clones are ok and usually a proven design but there are tons of them about so, in my opinion, breaking the mold a bit is a good thing, and for you a likely seller.

There is always someone out there who goes out and does it and finds what's readily available lacking for their needs and for this I am thinking carving whilst I do not think its overall design will be any less capable for the majority of other "bushcraft" tasks.

Nice work as per....

Marc

Thanks Marc :)

I like it. It looks like it's built to be functional. Breaking the mold is not a bad thing. Could be a new classic.

Cheers Mick. :) One can hope mate, one can hope :)

looking at this again
im still not certain about it but it is growing on me
i'd wanna play with it before i made a final judgement

I always find that the things you get to like quickly often end up not being liked so much after a while. But those which take a while to be liked tend to stay liked. :) Thats my experience anyways :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE