New Bushcraft Sheath made by Jamie Briggs - The Vince Gray Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
R

rlinger

Vince Gray in the UK designed this concept for me to make him. He wanted a bushcraft with an exposed tang end for scrapping and what not and then came up with a scheme to help secure the knife into the sheath while carrying under difficult circumstances. Jamie Briggs made the sheath and corresponded with Vince on how it was to be. Jamie nailed it, of course. Jamie sandwiched and stitched a piece of kydex into the leather tab. It is the kydex insert that rests within the tang notch. Yours truely made the knife. I thought it was worth showing since I believe it unique.

Thanks for the look.

Knife specifications can be seen here: http://riflestocks.tripod.com/pics32.html

RL

bushcraft13_3.jpg

bushcraft13_4.jpg

bushcraft13_5.jpg

bushcraft13_1.jpg

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
nice knife roger looks like a real nice sheath to i have a couple of jamie's sheath's myself he make's a real first class job of them

R

rlinger

Been waiting for that question. The truth is I wasn't that involved in the sheath making. I knew the paracord was going to be there because of the drawings Vince sent both me and Jamie. I always kinda assumed it was possiblly for a neck carry if wanted. I dare not unravel it to find out. It may be there for just looks. What do I know; I just make the knives :wink:.

RL

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
Just a way of carrying some cordage, you will always have some cord with you every time you take your knife out.Some people make a loop and use the cord as a neck carry.Any decent sheath should not need tightening up by wrapping cord round it to hold a knife.

R

rlinger

Oh, its not there to tighten it up. I know you know that too and weren't suggesting otherwise. Jamie's sheaths are plenty tight enough and I never have to wonder about them being just right and totally custom fit to each knife I send him.

You know, I did wonder about it just being there in case some paracord was needed for what ever random reason. I never did ask Vince about that. I just left the sheath correspondence between him and Jamie. I don't know if the knife was made to the sheath or the sheath to the knife :) . I was able to concentrate on the knife and that was a help to me.

RL

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
Roger and Jamie have done a fine job. I look forward to taking delivery of my knife next week. For the record, I generally carry my knife on a paracord lariat looped over one shoulder with the knife slung under the other arm. The inclusion of extra turns of cord merely serves as a handy place to carry the useful stuff.

The elasticated retainer ensures that I do not lose the knife when covering rough terrian/river crossings/moving quickly. It is also a fine last resort tinder if push comes to shove.

myakka

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2004
Colorado
www.freewebs.com
zambezi ,

congrats on the new knife and sheath, you will love it. I currently own 4 of Roger's custom knives with a fifth one on the way. He makes one heck of a great product.

Ron

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
Ron

Thanks. I am not sure that I could afford as many knives as you have! Since I usually only carry the one knife, it needs to be dependable. I have folded the edge on too many cheap knives to make that mistake again. Paying Roger for a quality hand built tool I can trust seems like prudence.

Vince

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE