New British fungi foraging book in the pipeline

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geoff Dann

Native
Sep 15, 2010
Sussex
www.geoffdann.co.uk
SPECIAL OFFER limited time - this book is now available direct from the publisher at the massive discount of 35%, free P&P. You won't get it cheaper than the RRP of £20 anywhere else - not even online discount retailers. I am still selling signed copies for £20, although they probably won't arrive much earlier than the release date of 20/10/2016 - one week from now. Go to http://www.greenbooks.co.uk/edible-mushrooms and use the discount code EDIMUSH35%Dec2017 to get it for £12.99 including P&P. ONLY UNTIL THIS SUNDAY.

Last edited:

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
Just ordered 3 as Xmas gifts, Thank you Geoff, I know they will be well received! All the best with your book.
Pete

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
SPECIAL OFFER limited time - this book is now available direct from the publisher at the massive discount of 35%, free P&P. You won't get it cheaper than the RRP of £20 anywhere else - not even online discount retailers. I am still selling signed copies for £20, although they probably won't arrive much earlier than the release date of 20/10/2016 - one week from now. Go to http://www.greenbooks.co.uk/edible-mushrooms and use the discount code EDIMUSH35%Dec2017 to get it for £12.99 including P&P. ONLY UNTIL THIS SUNDAY.

This post just proves that you are not in it for the money or to boost your ego but for the education of others, but then, most of us on here know how free you have been with your knowledge and advice on this forum.
So, Thank You.

Rob.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Just another reminder from a very weary Geoff....

Please post a review on Amazon on Thursday/Friday this week. :)
Will do Geoff! Very pleased!
Awesome book mate, time will show that its a classic.
Excellent for all levels , especially for a beginner like me.
Thanks

Geoff Dann

Native
Sep 15, 2010
Sussex
www.geoffdann.co.uk
This post just proves that you are not in it for the money or to boost your ego but for the education of others, but then, most of us on here know how free you have been with your knowledge and advice on this forum.
So, Thank You.

Rob.

Well, I do want the book to be successful and to hopefully make a living out of writing more of them! :)

My experience of the reaction to this book so far is that once people come into physical contact with it - actually see the size and quality of it - that they think it is a quality book and worth its RRP of £20. So please show it to people...

Geoff Dann

Native
Sep 15, 2010
Sussex
www.geoffdann.co.uk
Well, it's officially out. :)

The page for it on Amazon's website is now open for people to write reviews (provided you've ever bought anything from Amazon you can review anything they sell regardless of where you bought it).

Currently celebrating this milestone with champagne and jellied eels. :)

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Going to have to wait to get my hands on this - on my Xmas list. Congrats though on getting this out - I've been following its progress since you first mentioned in on here. Looking forward to Xmas now!!
i know it's taken a lot of work to get to this point so best wishes with sales - I'm sure it will do well and the previews look great.

samobaggins

On a new journey
Mar 26, 2014
Bicester
Well I must say it's a great book. Great photos and very informative. Definitely not a field guide due to the size. I think this will be very helpful to a noobe like myself.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Got mine today. This is just what the fungi doctor ordered. Very impressive photo's and information. Bargain at the price.

Geoff Dann

Native
Sep 15, 2010
Sussex
www.geoffdann.co.uk
Glad you like it.

If anybody does review it on Amazon, please could you let me know. I suspect Amazon are rejecting perfectly legitimate reviews because they think those reviews have come from my friends and family! I was expecting more than one by now, but there's only one appeared... :-(

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Just left a (i hope ) a positive review for Geoffs book on Amazon.

I was lucky enough to get a pre release copy, so have had a good couple of weeks to put this book through its paces.
I have to say, i am very impressed, it is a very concise, well laid out book. Plenty of information on the different species and, most importantly, accurate (a problem i have had with many fungi ID books).
It isn't small enough to be a pocket guide, but, with the amount of info contained, it is well worth popping in the car.
This will definitely be going on the same shelf as Roger Philips, (it is different, as it concentrates more on edible species than Roger).

Only a brief review as i am no Shakespeare. But, this really is a good book, and the more we use it, the more it is becoming invaluable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE