New British fungi foraging book in the pipeline

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geoff Dann

Native
Sep 15, 2010
Sussex
www.geoffdann.co.uk
Anyone who wants a signed copy before release date please email me on geoffdann@hotmail.com and I will sort out the details.

Just posted 32 of them. Will try to get more sent late this afternoon if we get payment and addresses sorted by then, but I have to go out for a few hours right now...

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Well, it has arrived. First impressions? Geoff, you have written an excellent book. Good for beginners and hard core foragers alike.
A very comprehensive book, well laid out and plenty of useful info on edibility, cooking and toxicity.
I have now lost my good lady for the next week as she reads it cover to cover (i just hope she doesn't fill it full of post-its like she has done with Rogers).
But it will definitely be one of our go to books by the look of it.
Well done Geoff, i hope it becomes a best seller.

Geoff Dann

Native
Sep 15, 2010
Sussex
www.geoffdann.co.uk
Well, it has arrived. First impressions? Geoff, you have written an excellent book. Good for beginners and hard core foragers alike.
A very comprehensive book, well laid out and plenty of useful info on edibility, cooking and toxicity.
I have now lost my good lady for the next week as she reads it cover to cover (i just hope she doesn't fill it full of post-its like she has done with Rogers).
But it will definitely be one of our go to books by the look of it.
Well done Geoff, i hope it becomes a best seller.

Thanks!

A review on Amazon when it officially comes out on the 20th would be appreciated, if you can be bothered... :)

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Thanks Geoff, my copy arrived this morning. :)
It is a much bigger book than I imagined and I'm hoping to get some time to read it through soon.

Rob.

Geoff Dann

Native
Sep 15, 2010
Sussex
www.geoffdann.co.uk
Thanks Geoff, my copy arrived this morning. :)
It is a much bigger book than I imagined and I'm hoping to get some time to read it through soon.

Rob.

Hope you enjoy it.

Yes, it has twice as many pages at the current market leading book (John Wright's) as well as significantly larger pages. Wright's book covers 72 species and costs £15. Mine covers 320 and costs £20. Mine's also considerably more up to date in terms of species names and toxicity. I'm hoping that people will think it is a no-brainer which to buy!

Last edited:

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Mine arrived today too!
Brilliant quality, a lot bigger than I thought it would be and the pictures are awesome.
At a glance I can see this is going to be very useful indeed as its specific for foragers but extensive in species .
Thanks again Geoff , very pleased with it and thanks for giving us all first dibs and signed copies.
Regards

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE