New Bernie Garland knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
So, took a walk down to the woods to give the new knife a bit of a work out. It was a damp miserable day.
IMG_0301.jpg

The mildness of the weather seemed to have fooled the plants into flowering again
IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

The sun tried to break through, but it remained misty.
IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

having reached my spot in the woods, i thought i'd do a few photo's of the 3 Bernie knives i now own.
IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

first off i tried the nessie out on this bit of pine, by chopping off all the small branches
IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

Then i cut it into logs, 7 used the nessie to chop them up. Hope you can see how knotty the pine was, the knife performed realy well despite this, 7 remained more than sharpe enough to shave kindling.
IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

After all that hard work, it was time for tea & something to eat, & what better than bacon ?. The lovely little frying pan, was a gift along with some other pots from Oregon Dave(thanks Dave)
IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

I had a good day out(always do). I enjoyed using the knife, i don't know if Bernie came up with the spec for this, or the original buyer did, but its a pocket battleship, the sort of thing the Tom Brown tracker would like to be when it grows up.
Nice one Bernie :thumbsup:
IMG_0323.jpg

Had a bonus on the way home found these deer tracks, where i had walked on the way in.

Rob

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nice pics.
I can only guess at one which is the mayweed.
Anyone any idea on the others? I see a lot of the white and yellow flowers you have there on my local dog walk and have no idea what they are.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks folks. Steeltoe, no, its a canvas & leather pack, one of 2 packs i have made by Rugged river, they were a Lincolnshire based buisness, that has now sadly ceased trading. That pack, is about 30/35 ltrs, the other is a huge 65ltrs + 2 cavenous side pockets, which if i put them on makes the pack to wide to get through a doorway !.

Check out my back posts as its in a few pictures.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE