New Bergan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
I have just been to the surplus shop and bought myself a new bergan. :approve:

It is a 2004 long back infantry type which was unissued.

I have tried other bags such as the Snugpak Rocket Pack and a cheap short back bergan off ebay. I have a long back and short legs so I needed to check if the bag would fit correctly, it fits like a dream and for £80. I also have a set of side pockets and a daysack yoke making it a versatile bag.

Both the Rocket Pack and the ebay bergan were far too short in the back for me, the new one fits my back like a dream. All I need to do now is extend the waist belt to go round my gut (which should hopefully be shrinking some time soon!).

I tried the Webtex Ultimax bergan and found it to be comfy but far too big, the PLCE one I bought is 120l which is absolutely huge, the compression straps should come in useful! Also I like the modular nature of the bag.

I am hoping to do more bushcraft on foot over the coming years and the new bergan should outlast me and stand up to any abuse I will chuck at it.

I bought it from Langers Surplus in Kidderminster (www.surplusandoutdoors.co.uk), I have used them for years and though I have no connection to them I am a happy customer.

I guess this is old news to most but I am chuffed to bits, I am finally getting to sort my kit out.

Stewey.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE