new axe sir??????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spikey DaPikey

Feb 8, 2006
North West, near the land of the Pies
Just pottering about on't tinternet whilst there is a lul in battle at work and found this .............
Click Here!
:lmao::lmao:

kick-axe.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I may be wrong, but does that not look like a collapse around your hand thingie as soon as you try to hit something with it :dunno:

Bet it's advertised as "Tactical" too :rolleyes.

cheers,
Toddy

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
wouldnt it close up on the up stroke? What a stupid looking waste of space that piece of kit is. They even made bits of it looklike an AK47 or Uzi and the pressed steel component look:rolleyes: Whatever happened to if it aint broke dont fix it?

tytek

Forager
Dec 25, 2009
Leeds
I'm embarrassed to say I kinda like it.:(

It looks like there are locking devices so it doesn't fold and remove your hand from your arm

If space is an issue I guess this is a good comprimise.:dunno:

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
Horrible, the antithesis of pleasing to the eye.

I suppose its the sort of thing somebody might think they could smuggle it somewhere they shouldn't though

Doesn't that make it tactical ?

Richard

leon-1

That looks ugly and unwieldy!
Basically it looks totally....wrong!

The big question is - why?

The big answer is the same as always John, we want things we can pack into small spaces.

I am not going to slag it off on it's looks.

As for it closing on a backswing I don't think that can happen the handle has two hooks that lock onto the upper part of the haft, the insert to the handle looks like the locking mechanism that will stop that from folding. There is a latch at the back of the head that holds the head in a forward facing posture. So I think it unlikely that it would close on your fingers.

However I am more concerned about the pins upon which the head of the axe are pivoted on. If doing splitting or using a lot of force they will come under a lot of pressure. A misplaced swing would apply a certain amount of leverage to that pin that could possibly weaken it over time.

The only way to find out is try one, but since I wouldn't buy one in the first place there is little chance that I would find out in the long term.

It's a novel idea that has potential even if it looks aren't what we want. In the end Gerber are a Fiskars company, and the gerber camp axe has very good reputation, but having said that it's the same as the Fiskars and the Wilkinson Sword axes since they all are pretty much the same design and they are all Fiskars company.

For peoples information I have a Fiskars axe that I have had for years and it's damned nigh indestructible and Fiskars are a very good company. So if it's been as well thought out as some of their other goods then it may not be anywhere near as bad as people may think.

Admittedly not my cup of tea, but then "all that glitters is not gold"

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I'm not sure about those pins that keep the axe open and the hooks, doesn't look as if it would take much work, the handle looks really uncomfortable too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE