netted hammocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

matty1995

Mar 20, 2011
northern ireland
hey guys aint been on in a while with gcses and what not but im beginning to buy camping equipment and im on a bit of a budget,but anyway enough of my life story lol.are netted hammocks any good to sleep in?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
My net hammocks (DD and homemade) are the most uncomfotable thing since sleeping on the ground, much better off with a fabric hammock unless you like waking up lookling like pinhead without the pins.

Not bad gear hammocks though as its easy to find stuff.

pinhead12.gif

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
You'll find it'll slip out from under you... Hammocks like the DD have a pocket you can put a self inflater in and it stays put. Honestly IMO for the extra tenner it's worth getting a tenth wonder/dd/nomad :eek:)

EastSussexScout

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2010
Brighton
Netted Hammocks are only good for 2 things, hanging gear and making shoelaces. think of your hammock as an investment. i went for a DD camping hammock cos i'm just over 6' but if you're shorter the scout is perfect for you. *not affiliated bla bla bla*

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've found net hammocks to be comfortable enough but TBH I only use hammocks in hot weather; no sleeping bag or cover of any kind needed. In fact that's one of the reasons I chose net, it's cooler than lying in fabric. After all they (hammocks) were originally invented by tropical peoples. I don't really like them in cooler climates.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE