Nessmuk pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I've popped onto the frost river site numerous times, looking forward to seeing pics of the pack and a test report :) .

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Super! I have a bunch of Frost River gear. Top quality and then some. I've often looked at the Nessmuk pack but never bought one. Someday probably. :D

The folks who built Frost River worked for Duluth Pack for many years and were let go when Duluth Pack was bought out.

daveymonkey

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2005
im thinking about grabbing a duluth or frost river pack when i visit toronto this summer, any of our canadian couisins know where i could get one and save on postage and the dreaded tax!

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Hoodoo said:
Super! I have a bunch of Frost River gear. Top quality and then some. I've often looked at the Nessmuk pack but never bought one. Someday probably. :D

The folks who built Frost River worked for Duluth Pack for many years and were let go when Duluth Pack was bought out.

:eek:

You haven't got a nessmuk sack ?

Hoodoo, I thought you had everything ;)

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
I find myself with finger hovering over mouse quite often with that site, but can't quite decide on pack sizes...

innocent bystander said:
And it certainly makes you think about what to pack....

Yes, looks like it'll concentrate the mind a bit. Am I right in thinking it's about 20/21 litres?

Their 'Northwoods Tarp' looks the business too, but at 8lbs it is heavyish. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Rod

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I like the look/design of this pack and will brobably use it as the basis for making one entirely from leather. Any further pictures of one in the flesh so to speak, and from different angles, much appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
Duluth and Frost River... mmmmm. Those packs certainly look lovely, and presumably they are built to last.

I'm not convinced they'd be at all comfortable to carry (they look heavy, don't have waist straps, don't have "airflow" backs etc) - but I'd be happy to be proven otherwise. Let us know how you get on.

Is there a British equivalent?

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Rhodri said:
Yes, looks like it'll concentrate the mind a bit. Am I right in thinking it's about 20/21 litres?
Cheers,
Rod

In theory, I think it is, but hard to judge because of the shape. It doesn't seem to be much different looking at it, than my KIMM sac, and thats 30 odd litres. Just a different shape. We will see !!

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Klenchblaize said:
I like the look/design of this pack and will brobably use it as the basis for making one entirely from leather. Any further pictures of one in the flesh so to speak, and from different angles, much appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers

I'll get the camera out later...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE