Ne'er Day walk, Picture heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Great pics Toddy and a great looking walk. S Lanarkshire's not got the usual pull for touristy or outdoor folk but every time I'm there I'm very pleasantly surprised by how green or in this case wintery it is. I really need to do some more exploring... great pics and ta for sharing.

Happy New Year too!

ws

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No, it's kind of too domestic really, isn't it ? :)
Lanarkshire is associated with heavy industry, but it's really very fertile farmland and it's warmer than the rest of the country..........well, usually it is :rolleyes: apart from Fife. Lanarkshire's wet though, always moist. Within three miles of where I live there are three rivers, the Clyde, the Avon and the Calder. Within half a mile there are two burns and two areas of laighland. That kind of watershed is common. Within 200 metres of the house though there are Oak, Ash, Willow, Sycamore, Hornbean, Holly, Elder, Scots Pine, Chestnut, Birch, Blackthorn, Hawthorn.......... and there are literally miles of it around. The understorey is every bit as rich too :approve:
It's possible to walk all the way from Glasgow right through Lanarkshire following the Clyde now, and it's mostly through woodlands on the Lanarkshire part.
It's not bleak, or remote, or the kind of place that gets swarms of tourists, though the evidence of the human history of Scotland is everywhere, from Neolithic to the Industrial revolution. Castles, fortifications, pottery, metalworking, it's all there.
The uplands to the South can be very exposed, (Wiston is a case in point) but there are some really good walks around them.

It's just home :D even if I do sound a bit like a tourist advert :rolleyes: :eek:

cheers,
M

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
IMG_1082.JPG

Icy spikes on every plant stem around.

I'll see your ice spikes and raise you some frozen leaves
icecrystals.jpg

cheers Danny

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE