Needles, good needles, worth buying needles :-)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I originally posted the links in Full Members, but someone has just hinted that maybe they'd be useful here too.

I'm known to be a pain about the quality of modern needles; frankly most of them should have been re-smelted :rolleyes: they are truly bad tools :(

Anyway, since I use vintage needles for my own sewing (and I hand sew every day) I started to link to needles that I had bought or would buy, for myself to use.

These are the lastest ones.

They are big; big and strong. They will not take string, but they will take sinew, artificial sinew, heavy duty nylon, kite line, linen and hemp threads up to 8 strand mattress cord, etc.,
If you need to sew through heavy duty stuff, these will do very well indeed, they will sew smoothly without snagging the material and the eye will not shred the thread.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mint-Vint...Crafts_Sewing_Supplies_MJ&hash=item19d5e94019

atb,
Mary

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Thanks, I'm looking for good rounded needles for leathercraft though - I have enough problem stabbing myself with rounded needles as it is without risking anything with a point :rolleyes:

pwb

Thanks for passing that on Mary, just bought some too.
Funny I just got in the post this morning some cast steel sailmakers needles which I'm hoping to use on some canvas. Sewing kit is going to be well stocked now :) .

Pete.

Reactions: Toddy

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks Mary as they came today, good quality as you mentioned, the seller asked me to thank you as she has never sold so many items in one day, she informed me they actually came from a factory clearance in Malta.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE