Need to choose a Scottish location

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mabinogion

Dec 23, 2008
Carmarthenshire
Hi, my parents and i intend to go to scotland this friday, we were looking at loch earn. it's a bit short notice but thats what we usually do :) . We're looking for somewhere remote in scotland, preferably a log cabin with plenty of forestry around. We would also like to be near a river for fishing, free fishing if possible. Its going to be complete solitude for a few days and for me to practise some skills. Any area recommendations would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Alex

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Forestry commission cabins at the bottom of loch lubnaig are good, just close to loch earn, you can fish the loch for free and its a pretty good spot, should provide loads of trout and char at this time of year, if you need any fishing tips or spots just let me know

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Forestry commission cabins at the bottom of loch lubnaig are good, just close to loch earn, you can fish the loch for free and its a pretty good spot, should provide loads of trout and char at this time of year, if you need any fishing tips or spots just let me know

Have you got contact details for getting one of these cabins

If found this, is this the right route to getting one booked ?

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/...abethForestParkStrathyreForestStrathyreCabins

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Loch Earn has a road on both sides, so it's not exactly remote. It's meant to fish best from early May, though there were trout being caught last weekend. At weekends it is very busy with camping anglers.

The Lubnaig FC cabins certainly look very nice but are a bit pricey. Lubnaig is a lovely loch and much quieter than Loch Earn.

If you wish solitude and remoteness then a good option is Loch Etive - its a reasonably short drive to the head of the loch, and you can then walk or paddle down the loch as far as you wish, the northern shore is wood.. On an average weekend I see at most 2 or 3 people over 2 days. Wild camping/ hammocking/ discrete small fire on the foreshore is entirely feasible.

Alternatively there is a lot of good mountain country in the area and away from the munros it will be fairly quiet.

Mar 26, 2009
Scotland
Doc, That place you mentioned sounds great. i would add Glen Trool to that list. The area around the Loch trool itself and the (now abandoned) Caldons Campsite is an excellent spot for relaxation, bushcraft skills etc. it will undoubtedly be busier than Loch etive though. The good thing about glen trool is there is set sites for fires so you don't have to worry about damaging the countryside etc. Have a good time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE