Need advice about Bushcraft knives - choice time!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IJ55

Forager
Mar 29, 2009
UK
Hi there - first post so if this is an old yawn worthy post, please forgive me.

I have a £100 limit for a new knife - not as much as some, but still a fair bit of money for a strong long lasting tool.

I have narrowed it down so far to these two choices. as you can see, one is very traditional, the other new and militaristic in its features.

http://www.knifebargains.co.uk/acatalog/Handmade_Knives.html
Traditional bushcraft knife

or

http://www.heinnie.com/3d3rv31336198/Knives/BK&T/Becker-Companion/p-92-537-3674/

Any body use either of these? or have any input as to what choice I should make as I am torn. Bottom line is that I would like to choose the longest lasting, strongest bushcrafting knife possible for £100 to last me a while out in the mountains and trails.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Personally, I would keep an eye on the "makers" section on here and buy a hand made one.

Some of the members on here are very skilled and knives often come up well within your budget.

Once you have gone hand made, you will never use a production knife again!

Simon

IJ55

Forager
Mar 29, 2009
UK
OK - i'll have a dig about in the 'makers' section - not what i was expecting, but hey ho off to the makers I go!

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Go to British Blades, you will find plenty of Custom Bushies made over there.

Or alternatively buy the one Chris Claycomb has just made, as Si said, check out the Makers sales section.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There are some bargains in the classifieds section at the moment.

Look at those AndyP is selling, very nice

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Don't waste your time on the Becker. It is one of my favorite knives but it is not a Bushcraft knife per se. It's more like a mini hatchet. I would RUN over to the classifieds here and grab one of Chris's knives.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE