need a good knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
This must come up once a week. Maybe we should have a sticky about "Buy a Mora". That is what gets recommended most often.
Would it be a good idea to put all the info about a first bushcraft knife together? Where to buy them etc.
You can get posher knives of similar style by looking at various scandanavian types.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Mora is a good knife but feels boring and miss that nice feeling that handmade knives has. These 2 knives I got for less then £50 each, they are handmade and of very of very high quality but at very good prices. So talk to diffrent makers and see what they can offer you.

DSC00010_resize.jpg

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Viking said:
Mora is a good knife but feels boring and miss that nice feeling that handmade knives has. These 2 knives I got for less then £50 each, they are handmade and of very of very high quality but at very good prices. So talk to diffrent makers and see what they can offer you.

DSC00010_resize.jpg
I like the knife on the left buget 60 to 70 ponds

Nicklas Odh

Forager
Mar 3, 2006
Ed, Sweden
It is possible to rehandle the F1 if you want to. I have not done it but I have seen very nice work done.
Either you buy a handles one and cut off the handle or buy a bare blade (about the same prize). Then you will get a great knife with the handle you want. :)

The knife will then look almost like the knife to the left left in the picture.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Nicklas Odh said:
It is possible to rehandle the F1 if you want to. I have not done it but I have seen very nice work done.
Either you buy a handles one and cut off the handle or buy a bare blade (about the same prize). Then you will get a great knife with the handle you want. :)

The knife will then look almost like the knife to the left left in the picture.
thanks but I will wait in till something relly grabs me cheers ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE