Neck knives - and terrible leatherwork!

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
EVERYTHING HAS NOW GONE - MANY THANKS ALL!

I was asked to produce a few small, cheap, heavy emphasis on the cheap as I remember, but sharp, knives for a friend who was taking his kids off 'bushcrafting'. 'Don't worry about the cases, (assuming he meant sheaths) I'll throw something, once again, heavy emphasis on the throw, together.

And thrown, the sheaths certainly are!

Anyway, long story short, etc, everything went pearshaped! So, in an attempt to recoup something from this disaster, I have four of these knives up for grabs!

neck1.jpg

neck2.jpg

neck3.jpg

neck4.jpg

They are all 70mm Lauri carbon blades, black buffalo horn , stacked leather, red fibre and yew. They are all surprisingly usable and offer a good grip. They are small knives, so no good for battoning or any heavy use, but very handy as neck knives or, with the addition of a dangler, could become the belt knife that gets used for all the dirty or potentially knife damaging jobs that your Woodlore won't get used for! The sheaths are also usable, with wooden liners, although not what could be described as 'aesthetically pleasing'!

OK, enough, all ready, with the sales waffle!!!

How about £20.00 each to your door - recorded delivery.

Last edited:

udamiano

On a new journey
Not usually a good idea to post your email address in an open forum Backwoodschuck, unless you want millions of spam heading towards your inbox mate.

I would PM instead ( I believe the 10 post limit has now been lifted )

If not just put it as a link so the spam bots that trawl the internet can't read it

atb

Da

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
I'm definitly interested but would like to know:

How sturdy is the blade?

Would they be up to wood carving?

Is the blade full length of the handle?

Last edited:

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
The Lauri 70mm isn't what you'd call a 'robust' blade. Having said that. for woodcarving, where you'd normally use a sloyd type blade, one of these should be fine. Any heavy stock removal or the like, use your axe! It's a stick tang and the tang extend to about 5mm of the yew pommel.

For carving use I'd imagine it would be very good, the Lauri carbon takes a wicked edge, and there's not a huge amount of metal to push through the workpiece.

And, at only £20, it's cheaper than most quality sloyds!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE