Neck knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
I have to say I do like Opinels, but I have known the blade to snap, never broken one myself, but my brother got through a couple doing land-work type tasks.

Dave

I've never had an Opinel or Victorinox snap, when used properly. It's like the youtube video of the guy abusing a Mora knife by hammering it in a treetrunk and hitting it with a big log for over a minute, then complaining when it broke off and that he expected better from Mora. I still have the same Opinel i got when i was a kid as a gift from my grandfather. The only thing wrong with it is the handle is getting loose and it doesn't "lock" as well anymore, so i do carry a new one now, but the original is still sharp and useable if you're a bit careful ;).

Last edited:

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Do you already have a knife you like? If it's not too heavy, spend your money getting one of the makers on this site to make a neck sheath for you. I carry a mora 510 sometimes in a leather belt sheath, sometimes in a kydex neck sheath.
Really depends on what you want the neck knife for. Is it going to be your only carry or to supplement another larger knife. You can't really decide what you want until you're sure what you want it for.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE