Native regalia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

Bob Hurley

Carcajou Garou said:
I am Metis/Mohawk, but not from a reserve. My pieces are from my mentor/guide through dreams, later showed them to my sister at Six Nations and who really loved them as well as other elders. Even the local traditional Anishnabee find them very good. Some are very old time style and some others not shown are from "societies" in the Indian Nations. From where you are I expect there are Traditional Haudeneshaunee around, maybe they could be a better help? I also go to many POW WOW's and seek out elder's for advice.
just a thought

Ah, so that's why I like your work better than mine, yours is inspired!

I'm a good deal south of the Haudenosaunee, right in the middle of Cherokee country - in fact, I'm only an hour's drive from Qualla. My Dad's family is Manx/Cherokee (what a mix), but we were "raised white" so I'm digging to try to learn about my heritage. The Cherokee and other Natives I've met have been incredibly kind and helpful, I think they understand I'm sincere and not claiming to be "descended from a Cherokee princess". :)

Note to non-Southern-Americans - there is no such thing as a Cherokee princess, but you'd be amazed how many folks around here swear their great-grandmother was one.:p

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Actually the Cherokee Nation is of Iroquoian descent, at one time they had a common root tribe as well as they have a common root language and culture. That is why RA :wave: understands me so well :eek:): I found your chocker quite well made and styled in the traditional way that I like so well plus the bag is very pleasing. I also have tried finger weaving a "ceinture fleche" a traditional wool sash worn by both aboriginals and metis as well as Voyageurs but did not have the patience at the time to keep it up I needed to weave 22' and only had 4" restarted 20 times :shock: as I kept dropping a strand here and there, so good for you and keep up you research you may find more of your Cherokee Heritage yet.
just a thought

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE