Nanok Endurance SF 0 - Pack Size Comparison?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Hi Guys,

Had a search on here for the answer to this, but there's a lot about the -10, but not much on the 0 it seems.

I already have the Nanok -25 and LOVE it to bits, it only has 2 down sides.. it's weight ( 2950 g) and it's pack size ( big! fully compressed.. sitting on it compressed....still about 50 cm x 30cm x 30cm I'd guess)

Since I'm going to be flying with my kit soon, I have a total allowance of 20kg for everything. I've not weighed everything yet, but thinking I'll need to cut down on stuff.
The -25 is so big that even if i have the weight allowance left for it, I think I'll have trouble getting the pack through baggage, also it will be a bit hot for July.

Anyway, I don't "want" to get another bag, but I'm reluctantly thinking of getting something a bit more suited for the summer months, one which is lighter and packs smaller.
Since I love the Nanoks, and they seem to be going cheap at the mo, I'm thinking of getting another one of them... not really interested in expensive down bags (which I know would nail what i want tho)

According to one of the other guys on here, the Nanok -0 should be about half the size of the -25 which is cool.

Someone posted a piccy like this on another thread though which is really useful:
DSC00048small.jpg

I guess what I'm asking is, anyone with a Nanok SF 0 be able to do something similar so I know what I'm looking at? :rolleyes:

Cheers :)
Carlo

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
I can try to do a pic for you but probably not before tuesday. Hopefully someone will do one before that.
They are a great bag and roomy (as they are designed to fit outside the "minus" bags).
The zero's pack size is large by the standards of modern summer bags but not huge.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Hehe, i am looking for an excuse! :lmao:

In the spirit of sharing, I've just taken some photo's of mine to show a comparison.

DSCF6417.JPG

DSCF6419.JPG

This "compressed" version is super compressed... I wouldn't recommend keeping at this tension for too long... I'm sure i heard the bag gasping for air when i let the straps go!

That's actually the smallest I've ever managed to get it compressed, still big though... shame compression doesn't reduce weight as well as size :rolleyes:

Cheers
Carlo

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I took these for a post on BB, hope they help.
They are not great but it was just startinfg to rain so best i could manage.

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Aye it goes down pretty small, not as compact or light as other bags but they are warm and comfortable.
Good bags.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE