Nanok bags

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
Right - well I've gone and ordered one now haven't I? :rolleyes:

I wonder if the government offers some form of counselling for victims of bushcraft peer pressure and the addiction of good equipment?

(Or maybe some kind of tax credit might be nicer :p)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
match said:
Right - well I've gone and ordered one now haven't I? :rolleyes:

I wonder if the government offers some form of counselling for victims of bushcraft peer pressure and the addiction of good equipment?

(Or maybe some kind of tax credit might be nicer :p)

I just want a way of gently mellowing everything so it doesn't look so new that HWMBLT doesn't say nasty things like, "Another knife/sleeping bag/tent/titanium spork/compass/torch.....?" with long suffering exasperation. :eek: I don't comment on computery bits, do I? :rolleyes: I accept that technical innovation, by it's very existance, leads to redundancy of previously very satisfactory kit. :p and I don't care how long we've been lighting fire...there's *always* a new tinder to try. ;)

It's a great sleeping bag Match; thanks for the heads up ODG.
Cheers,
Toddy

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
Well, its just arrived! That was quick :D

Looks like a lovely bit of kit - the pillow is a nice touch too - especially after about 30 minutes of playing I realised it fold back in on itself and is bigger when in use :rolleyes: (not slow, me).

Was wondering after I ordered it whether i should have gone for the -10, but looking at the nanok website it seems that the 0 rating is the 'comfort temperature', not the 'extreme temp' - whereas my current 3 season bag has 5 as comfort, -5 as extreme, and is freezing in anything below 10!

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Andrew contacted me to say that he had another 0deg bag left and have just ordered it.

Pleasure to deal with. Would certianly be happy buy from him again. :Big-thumbs-up:

Thanks.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
match said:
Well, its just arrived! That was quick :D

Looks like a lovely bit of kit - the pillow is a nice touch too - especially after about 30 minutes of playing I realised it fold back in on itself and is bigger when in use :rolleyes: (not slow, me).

Was wondering after I ordered it whether i should have gone for the -10, but looking at the nanok website it seems that the 0 rating is the 'comfort temperature', not the 'extreme temp' - whereas my current 3 season bag has 5 as comfort, -5 as extreme, and is freezing in anything below 10!

Just a quick update on my Nanok SF 0oC bag. Spent the last 2 weeks in the Brecon Beacons. Took my Nanok bag along (with a back up issue army sleeping bag). Spent the first few nights in my Nanok to see "how low it could go" before I was too cold to sleep comfortably. I must admit I was very impressed.

Temperatures at night struggled to get above -5. Upper body was warm so were my feet but bizarrely my thighs got cold :eek: ?!? Anyway, I wrapped my Nanok Arctic jacket around my legs and I was fine. The result is that I'm impressed with the no nonsense temp ratings of the Nanok bag having confidence that it will be sufficient to cope with weather conditions for the majority of the year ..... however ...... being a kit monster I will be purchasing a Nanok -10 for winter work as soon as I have enough beer (or Nanok) tokens :27: ! Many thanks to Outdoorcode and expect a PM in the next month or so :D !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE