Mystery Pole Set.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Can anyone identify this pole set?

Aluminium, in 3 sections, originally corded together, spike at the heel and a slot at the top, (although the way they fit together suggests the opposite.)

Each set makes up a usable pole length of 56" or 143cm and weighs 240g.

ArmyTarpole1.jpg

Last edited:
May 20, 2011
The North
I have seen these at Anchor Supplies in Ripley. I seem to have some cognitive recall that they are from a Basha/Mesh Type Bivi. It may be worth a call or to sending a picture to Anchor Supplies, to ascertain if they can improve on what I am suggesting.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Can anyone identify this pole set?

Aluminium, in 3 sections, originally corded together, spike at the heel and a slot at the top, (although the way they fit together suggests the opposite.)

Each set makes up a usable pole length of 56" or 143cm and weighs 240g.

ArmyTarpole1.jpg

Barnowl has the same poles hes the one to ask

Jason

BushSleeper

Dec 4, 2008
Devon
Army TARP poles, should have a length of paracord up though the centre and tied off with a knot at outside each hole, pulling tight and locking off keeps all three together, look closely and you might find a crows foot mark on them.

Last edited:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
They were selling these on ebay a while back for a couple of quid a set , and a lot of us got them they are good poles.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Great pieces of kit, esp' at the price they were going for.

Haven't seen any for sale of late though, has anyone else?

Very adaptable in setting up a tarp, we've used them to open a doorway into the communal 'chute that was pegged to the ground to.

If you get your hands on any be sure and keep them.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Thank you for all the replies & info.
I have 2 sets of these poles and am well pleased with them. There are occasions when a longer pole is a handy thing and removing the cord enables a 2nd midsection to be used.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE