Mystery knife

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Out of the 4 knives I bought today in my auction lot of tools, this is the only one I'm likely to keep (the others were two Chinese SAK ripoffs and a small kitchen type knife).

At first I thought it was a putty knife but there's no residue I can see and it's surprisingly sharp on the convex edge. The spine is about 3mm thick. It's full tang

null_zps67c6b6bb.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That looks very like a knife we had when I was a kid; was only ever used for slicing large cooked hams and it has a curved end to stop it from catching on the meat when carving around a bone or other awkward shape, IIRC..................See what others think...................................atb mac

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
That looks very like a knife we had when I was a kid; was only ever used for slicing large cooked hams and it has a curved end to stop it from catching on the meat when carving around a bone or other awkward shape, IIRC..................See what others think...................................atb mac

Yeah. Like Opinel's Carpaccio knife, though it looks tip heavy which doesn't make sense as a slicer.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
It looks like an old baker's dough knife.
Traditionally very sharp but no point so it doesn't damage the proving bowl or trough.
Incidentally that blade shape is the trad shape for dinner knives in Victorian England.
Several Sheffield cutlers still have it on the books.Can't recall the name I'm afraid.
Cheers, Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE