my word thats expensive...or is it just me?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
i'd want a sherpa to carry it for that price! would anyone pay this? or if they did, would anyone even use it? too big for the mantle piece me thinks.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Guilty as charged... Cliff has a Later version in US Woodland Cammo IIRC I'm not sure his has the Abseil Harness. Mine is as per the pictures on the linked to ebay listing...

Cheers

John

I thought I'd seen some piccies of yours at some point, are they really worth £1K these days ?

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I thought I'd seen some piccies of yours at some point, are they really worth £1K these days ?

Who knows...?? The 'value' on ebay for this and a whole heap of stuff is really down to what someone is prepared to pay for it. We've discussed this numerous times on the forum about things like Woodlore knives etc.. That said TBH they're not that common and things like mint SAS/PARA issue bergens sell for a lot of cash (for what they are) as do things like 42 pattern windproofs, Denison smocks etc on ebay.

The VC did sell for a lot of cash when new back in the 80's we discussed this as Rabbitsmacker says over on the 'Canvas Crusader' thread. I guess if you were really after one for reenacting or something you might pay a good whack... 1K seems to be a bit excessive IMHO. But the auction is actually saying 1K BIN open to offers.

All that said it's actually a very useable rucksack well made and plenty big enough for most mortals.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Who knows...?? The 'value' on ebay for this and a whole heap of stuff is really down to what someone is prepared to pay for it. We've discussed this numerous times on the forum about things like Woodlore knives etc.. That said TBH they're not that common and things like mint SAS/PARA issue bergens sell for a lot of cash (for what they are) as do things like 42 pattern windproofs, Denison smocks etc on ebay.

The VC did sell for a lot of cash when new back in the 80's we discussed this as Rabbitsmacker says over on the 'Canvas Crusader' thread. I guess if you were really after one for reenacting or something you might pay a good whack... 1K seems to be a bit excessive IMHO. But the auction is actually saying 1K BIN open to offers.

All that said it's actually a very useable rucksack well made and plenty big enough for most mortals.

Actually as above, all joking aside it is probably worth a fair bit, I have a survival aids catalogue somewhere from 1988 that has all the lowe alpine rucksacks including this one in dpm and og and it was alqways expensive, I gotta be honest I wouldn't know how to value the item today, it would have to be as a collectable I suppose just cos of the asking price, cheaper usable alternatives avail now. Johnboy, does it really walk all over the opposition?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE