my word thats expensive...or is it just me?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
The last one I seen on ebay went as a buy it now for £100,
but to an SF collecter as you say who knows?
I have a Lowe alpine pathfinder which is similer as JB said without the harness very well made a so comfy,

Twodogs

Last edited:

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
. Johnboy, does it really walk all over the opposition?

Hard to say really...

It's a very good large capacity rucksack, comfy well made and with some very well thought through features specifically for Military use.

I've used mine a bit and there is nothing wrong with it as just a rucksack it's as good as a current Vulcan or Sabre I've got one each of those so the comparison is a fair one.

I suppose the VC has a bit of a gucchi cachet about it to those that know or care as well. TBH to most folk it's just a big 'army' rucksack..

Cheers

John

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...lowe alpine rucksacks including this one in dpm and og and it was alqways expensive...does it really walk all over the opposition?

I have the OG one, it had a better back system than any other similar rucksack at the time, however I would imagine that most 'quality' military packs these days would be just as good. I was very heavy though and I cut away the abseil harness to save weight.

"...I have a survival aids catalogue somewhere from 1988..."

I don't suppose you'd be up for scanning that would you? Lots of folks here would get all nostalgic on seeing it. :D

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
I have the OG one, it had a better back system than any other similar rucksack at the time, however I would imagine that most 'quality' military packs these days would be just as good. I was very heavy though and I cut away the abseil harness to save weight.

I don't suppose you'd be up for scanning that would you? Lots of folks here would get all nostalgic on seeing it. :D

i was going to scan it in for sh**s and giggles, which bits inparticular? rucksacks? ventile smocks? scary thermal underwear worn with bad moustaches section?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE