My woods

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
A day out but not very far :). This little woodland is at the end of my garden, I created it 13 years ago and it's maturing well. I spent today clearing the nettles and planting up some plants ... and fixing my bushfire. Here's some pix ...

IMAG2056.jpgIMAG2059.jpgIMAG2060.jpgIMAG2061.jpgIMAG2062.jpgIMAG2063.jpgIMAG2065.jpgIMAG2071.jpg

The bushfire needs to be a little wider so shal do some building adjustments tomorrow ... along with clearing the nettles from the other side. We have plenty of nettles in the hedge for soups, scrambled eggs, done as crispy fritters and for cordage, as well as for the butterflies :)

And I've got a bushie-cat (as opposed to pussycat!).

IMAG2069.jpgIMAG2073.jpgIMAG2079.jpgIMAG2082.jpgIMAG2085.jpg

And she helps out with the washing up :D:cool:

Elen Sentier

you let your cat eat from your cooking pan ? ! oh yuk !!

Goodness !!! I can catch things far more easily from you than I can from her, and vice versa! Cross-species infection is far rarer than inter-species (ie from human to human), do you not recall all the fuss about avian-flu jumping species, for instance ???

And the cast iron pan will be soooooo hot next time I cook with it nothing bad will survivie !!! You're surely not expecting me to wash it. are you ???

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
On cleaning pans, there was a good letter on Gardeners Question Time on Radio IV last week, a gardener had written to say that for burnt or crusty pans she'd found that leaving them out for the slugs rasping mouths got them clean in a couple of days. It also keeps them off your veg! Nice pictures Elen, looks a peaceful spot.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
A cat licking from your frying pan come on its capable of getting its own food surely!! Nice colour though and very nice woodland some back yard you've got there

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Lovely garden; it looks like a great spot to spend time.

The four-legged pot scourer is a useful feature too :)

Elen Sentier

That looks like a little haven, Elen :D
Your moggie looks like she fits right in too :cool:

cheers,
M

It is a haven Mary :), nearest B road is over half a mile away, occasional tractor from the farm, cattle sounds, birds, all sorts of wildlife ... and we live here :D. Izzy (moggie) is becoming quite a bush-cat and thoroughly enjoys me working down there, dozes on my sheepskin by the fire in supervisory mode - so very cat! She brought me a mouse today but I'd just had my lunch :D. If anyone happens to be passing (near Hereford) do call in, you can sling your hammock, pitch up, enjoy the fire ... just don't all come to once !!!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Life's surely too short to be worried over animals licking a pan............I let it happen all the time with the dog, at least on stuff that's going to be put to the fire before the food goes on or in it..........if it was anything to worry about, neither we nor they would be here in such abundance.

Your ground looks like a place of great peace and tranquility, Elen.......................atb mac

Elen Sentier

great photos where did you get the kettle ? regards dave

Kettle is from Le Creuset and lives on my woodburner. It's a slow boiler compared to my little aluminium one that I take camping, or my ti pot, or even my billycan. But at home it's fun and holds enough water to supply Hubby with tea too, and it looks really good :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE