My woods edc setup

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I've been playing with how I organise and carry my gear/toys lately

I like to pocket carry most of my kit but hate it when things bag about and dig into me so tend to carry my pocket knives in slip pouches.

This little setup is still my daily edc. I may have mentioned this before having carried it daily for the last year or so

more recently I've been looking at ways to carry those little odds and ends I find myself tinkering with when I'm out and about, I have finally come up with a setup I'm happy with

small enough to fit in a shirt pocket it carried pretty much everything I need apart from my fire kit (more on that later)

Heres the gear laid out clockwise from the top
1 lt water bag with rehydration powder sachet, sterilization tablets and a lengh of paracord for a carry strap.
copper Maratc AAA torch
Modified Brass oil bottle - carrying a fishing kit - missing some line at the moment but I'm working on a way to carry it.
Fixin kit made from a couple of brass shells (based on an idea a chap called Spork had on the bcusa forum)
Falkniven D3 stone - leather backed for a strop
I also slip in some ductape and steri-strips in with the water bag

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Nice set up there.
How're you thinking of carrying the fishing line?

thanks guys

I'm thinking of making a small reel than attaches to the head of the fishing kit tube - theres about an inch of space between the lid and the gear the tube is carrying so i should be able to wind round a fair bit of braided line

Sounds interesting.
Could you maybe use the fishing kit tube as a reel with a bit of a tinker.
Reckon I might have to mimic the shirt container

is that everything you take for an amble in the woods? Or is that just the regular pocket carry?
Seem to recall a post on the us forum with your kit that was pretty impressive but some the pics were missing last time I had a look

Edit to add- where'd you aquire the brass torch?

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Sounds interesting.
Could you maybe use the fishing kit tube as a reel with a bit of a tinker.
Reckon I might have to mimic the shirt container

is that everything you take for an amble in the woods? Or is that just the regular pocket carry?
Seem to recall a post on the us forum with your kit that was pretty impressive but some the pics were missing last time I had a look

Edit to add- where'd you aquire the brass torch?

I could do that but i'm not keen on anyone thinking it s a hobo reel

as far as i'm concerned its a storage container

its pretty much all the tools I'm carrying

I also carry folding saw, water, stove, 1st aid kit, tarp a small fire kit tin and some food

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Thanks mate not up to your standards but I'm please with the rustic look

got a couple of other little projects in the works...

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
it is indeed a peak - got it direct - comms weren't great and i got a bit worried but it turned up in the end

it has a red lens as i like to preserve my night vision...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE