my version of a leuku/ouuko combo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Completed this set today, the leuku was already in use with the original puuko in de combo sheath but this week i rehandled the little knife and this came out.

This is gonna be my more traditional set up.

1zleypd.jpg

141vcci.jpg

The stains on the leuku blade are danish oil...

atb and thanks for looking.

Jan

Last edited:
Thank you all for the nice comments.

I think its is not stainless, but highlt polished carbon steel.
On both knivesthere are some minor rust stains.
I am thinking on giving these a nice patina by dipping them in vinegar, what do you think.

The shiny steel looks a bit out of place for the tradional looks, dont you think?

atb,

Jan

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
That sheath is beautiful. How do you get that tail shaped fan at the bottom of it?
Patina comes with age use and experience:) The danish oil will inevitably wear off and the blade will acquire its own character in time. I used acid (acetic) at one time to de rust old abandoned tools. It certainly removed rust BUT you had to move very fast to neutralise, rinse, dry, and oil or wax the steel or else it would re-rust almost while you were watching....:lmao: Vinegar is weaker than acetic so it might work OK?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE