My Svord Peasant

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
thanks mate it is appreciated, mine is oil based, but will give it a go on some scrap first.
think i still have the odd pot of spirit based some where.
will see if there is a difference.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Would be handy to see the difference.

I recently bought the spirit based light brown to use on some sheaths when I get chance to make them. Oh and buy the leather as I'm running on a few scraps :)
So just thought it should be worth a try. Being thin spirit based it should penetrate well enough. Depending on the density of the wood grain.

Last edited:

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Well mate, I had a little go to day, my clams are beech, and didn't like the look of the light brown, so I dyed them with walnut, and I'm very happy bud.
thanks again bud.
lee.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Well mate, I had a little go to day, my clams are beech, and didn't like the look of the light brown, so I dyed them with walnut, and I'm very happy bud.
thanks again bud.
lee.

Glad to hear it worked out ok. I do love natural wood finish, but it just did not look right on this so had a go. If all else fails you sand it back :) joys of wood. But this worked out well, so I'm glad you got colour you liked.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE