My Singer 201k Collection

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
young upstart of a machine, just dated mother in laws 99k and its from 1927, was her grans 21st birthday present

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I got my grans electric one. My dad still has the hand powered one. When i next go to see him I'll dig out the serial no from that one and see when it's from.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Right I have been more than happy with my 185K for all me woolly needs,

But all your talk of 201K made me want one ,,,,,,

Anywho today I won one local to me for £23 ,,, potted motor and knee operation ,,,

This is how it is after collection need a PAT test and a clean and oil ...I have fired it up though man its smooth ....looking forward to seeing it when its serviced and ran a while ..

Thanks for all the info

Twodogs

Last edited:

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Right I have managed to clean and oil mine and I am very impressed so smooth are thay all like that or is it the potted motor?

Not mad on the base unit I might hunt an old seven drawer treadle base from a 66 out to replace it

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
hi....heres three more 201's that have been added to my collection since the first five....i'm at 15 now and we all know who to blame....

heres a 'blood and pus' coloured aluminium bodied one, this time with dark brown attachments...if memory serves me correctly this one is bilmos fault...erm, no actually, i stand corrected, its macs fault....cost me 63 inc. postage quid, near mint condition:

this is the direct drive 'potted motor' 201-k2 version that was turbogirls fault...oooops, typo sorry....i meant mac....got this for 50 quid....near mint condition...

and this is a knee operated version...cost me 60 i think?....again near mint condition and again macs fault!

Wow, is that a kneelifter? Probably the first time I've seen a domestic machine with that.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo twodogs....yup those potted motor versions run sweet huh?.....different from the external motor ones.....luuuuuuurvly sound!

and swede....just buy yaself one thats not knee operated.....

e-z!

s

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE