My seventh knife....nice simple bit of practice....

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
needed practice with acorn bolts (copper) so thought i'd do a nice simple knife using croatian oak from a friend thus also enabling me to get some practice in with linseed and danish oils for polishing rather than using polishing mops and compounds....still needs a bit of filework....i've tried shaping this differently than previous ones....was fun....but i officially dont like acorn bolts!!!

OAKCROATIAN3LOW.jpg

OAKCROATIAN2LOW.jpg

OAKCROATIAN1LOW.jpg

Last edited:

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I think it looks OK

Frankly you need to move the camera back and get some better shots closer is not always better and those angles are not helping

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I like it with the oak and copper; they always go well together imho. Makes me think of all the Arts and Crafts stuff from the early 20th Century.

I agree about the camera though.Either pull back a bit or close the aperture to give you more depth of field.The focus is a bit tight to let us see very much.
Looks good I think.I was thinking of acorn bolts for my next project...Why don't you like them?
Cheers , Simon

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Do you make the complete knife or just stick wood to a blade ?

cos if you make the complete thing i,d have to agree on the camerawork ,...its quite frustrating that you cant get a good view of the full knife..

richardww

Banned
Jan 17, 2012
Gwynedd
like the oak on this one, not likeing the copper though,just me, can you do another pic, side on with all the blade handle in view, will send you a pm,

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....ok ok ok about the photography...jeeez! yes i just stick the wood to the knife raikey....blades a mora sandvik stainless from ronnie sunshines.....and i always use liners yes danny....and as hillbill recently informed us you should always use liners specifically with oak as it has a high tannin content that can corrupt steel...

a

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE