My old crossbow for your skinning knife or bino's?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 25, 2011
Aberdeenshire
Hello

I have an old Barnett recurve crossbow which I have never fired, as it has no string or arrows. I took it as a swap for an air rifle a lot of years ago. I'm curious if anybody on here would be interested in it? These things are dangerous, so I'd really be happier if somebody with some experience of these wanted it - for peace of mind. Over 18's only (sorry!).

It says draw weight 125 lbs on the bow.
Could be done with a rub down and paint in some places, and of course a string and some arrows, maybe a scope as it has a narrow rail for one.

Here are some pics;

005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

I'm looking for a nice small skinning knife that would fit sheathed in the pocket, or maybe a pair of binoculars?

Thanks

Jan 25, 2011
Aberdeenshire
Do you know how I would check? Maybe pull a piece if string across the trigger mechanism to see if it catches? Ill go have a try.

57' north sounds close to where I am, at least in latitute!

Culloch

Forager
Jun 22, 2008
Australia
57 deg N is Elgin mate, where in Aberdeenshire are you?
If you're interested in a wee handmade skinner just let me know!

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
I have some really lovely binos konus titanium 10x25 in a woodland cam would probably be something like you are looking for these are as new and water proof fog proof etc can send you some pic if you are interested!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE