My Newest Toy :D

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Finally buckled over the last couple of weeks and treated myself to a Nova Craft Prospector SP3. Only thing I an say is why did I wait so long??

Got a wee shot last night at Loch Bradan in the Galloway Forest and loved it :D

Only got a few pics as it was my first real time paddling so didn't want to take my phone etc.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n521/Jinsin456/4c8dbd5b.jpg

Just leaving Brookbank :D

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n521/Jinsin456/89143728.jpg

In the woods after being christened :D

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Nice one bud !! Shiney Shiney ..................so when you coming up this way for a paddle then ?

Jason

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Now all you need to do is drill holes all along it to fit end loops, lash lines and airbags, fit a mast foot and mast thwart, fit a cental kneeling thwart/seat and get it all scarred up from running big water :)
That is a nice looking boat and I am sure you will have lots of fun in it :)
Replacing the plastic gunwales with some seasoned ash or teak will add character...
Canoes are the finest water vessels you can get!

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Congratulations on choosing what I honestly believe to be easily the best "all rounder" polythene boat you can buy.

It's a heavy beast but it's bomb proof and it paddles like a dream, actually very much better than boats of twice the price.

I loved mine but just couldn't manage the weight on my own, so it had to go.
P3260039copyresize.jpg

I really missed it and still do but my mate bought one, so I still get the chance to paddle a decent boat from time to time;
P3260057copy18.jpg

He actually quite likes my Explorer 14 TT, as do I, but it's just not an SP3!
P4250045copyresized6.jpg

good luck and happy paddling

all thebest

Steve

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Thanks for the positive comments guys.

I can see what you mean about the weight, it is a heavy big thing but I don't plan to be carrying it far so that factor doesn't really bother me too much, I'll just need to learn how to get it on and off the landy safely and I should be fine.

Jason, I'm not coming back up your way ever again! There's something in the air up there that made me feel terrible the morning after...... Or maybe it was the 3 dozen big jacks in wee glasses :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously though I'll be up soon, just need a good bit of practice so I don't slow you guys down to much :D

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Not as light as 'Patrick's Pearl' the backwoods survival school loch fyne model :D
4e974b4f-69a7-d143.jpg

But it does look a sweet tub :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE