My new spring-back locking folder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I am quite fond of small friction folders, and because I haven't made any new designs recently, I decided to start working on a new folder design.

I have used an old design as a starting point. I was going to make a friction folder, but the design sort of wandered off on a tangent an became a spring-back locking folder instead! This is the first time I have made a spring-back locking knife, the spring would be a worthy addition to a bear trap I think!

DSCF4988.jpg

DSCF4988.jpg

DSCF4993.jpg

DSCF4990.jpg

It is only dry fitted together at the moment, but even so, there is no play at all anywhere.

I am going to fit a ring into the small hole on the top of the spring, fitted with a short lanyard. To open the spring and unlock the blade, you pull on the ring and fold the blade.

This is the first of this design and there are a few details to iron out, but I think this is going to be a really solid folding knife. This one has a 3" scandi grind blade, and I am also going to make a 4" blade next, with more of a drop point, another scandi grind model. I have thought before to make a folding bushi knife and I think this going to be it!

Last edited:

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Sorry Sasquash..No pics... I put the knife together before you asked and I am not taking it to bits again! I'll take pics of the next one though, there is no big secrets!

Here are the pics of the finished knife.

DSCF4998.jpg

DSCF5001.jpg

DSCF5002.jpg

DSCF5003.jpg

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
No worries, I love to see the innards, maybe next time eh. Looks great, I love the patina as well!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE