My new Sewing machine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Hey everyone,

Still am on a little break from the lathe project as times were quite busy.
but Not busy enough for a day excursion to pick up my new sewing machine.

I got myself a Adler 30-1 Leather Stitching machine, one of the main reasons being that it can work with relatively heavy threads,
plus it has a 360 degrees turning walking foot which allows silly jobs to be done with ease.
but enough chit chat lets show you guys some graphics!

Adler%2030-1%20Photobucket3_zpst0jpyrrd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Adler%2030-1%20Photobucket1_zpssogmapbg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Adler%2030-1%20Photobucket2_zpsoh4z5liu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Adler%2030-1%20Photobucket6_zpsxlhz0mpw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Adler%2030-1%20Photobucket5_zpsebbcnli5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Adler%2030-1%20Photobucket8_zpsln6g3cfc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got my new thread on order which should come in at the end of next week. And I will be sewing #138 bonden nylon thread with a 22 Needle.
The best part was that the people I got it from had a great shop with all types of industrial equipment from the older days.
an amazing fully cast iron paper cutting table, to giant book presses. And even lamps and chairs made out of old aviation hulls etc.

IMG-1363-581x1030.jpg

They were quite enthusiastic to see that their machine was gonna be used, and instantly requested me to make some leather aprons for their store as they liked my style, so who knows I might have just gotten myself a regular client instead of only a marvelous new machine for as cheap as chips ( relatively speaking that is XD)

And to show you guys her performance:

Adler%2030-1%20Photobucket10_zpsgsy36hnu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Adler%2030-1%20Photobucket12_zpsulesmksx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Adler%2030-1%20Photobucket13_zpsrdiobvzk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Still have to make some minor adjustments to the string tension and the tension of the walking foot, plus getting to know the ins and outs of the machine.
But thus far I'm properly chuffed!

Thanks for reading
Yours sincerely

Ruud

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
Very nice! Impressive engineering and a work of art! That was made with quality and reliability in mind, back when they took pride in such things.

Wish I had one!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That looks like a really great machine you've got yourself there, Ruud; I bet you'll have many satisfying hours on that one. Be sure to post some pics of what she produces! :)

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Hahah Thanks Lads and Ladies,
and indeed this will last me and the generations after me as I will take better care of it then most would ever do!
And Robson If you need anything just send me a message and we will work it out, or you can contact me over Facebook I'll send you a pm ;)
Or even email for that matter at autumn.heat.leatherwork@gmail.com

Thanks for the admiration everyone I will post some more when I get to cleaning the guts of the beast ^^

Yours sincerely
Ruud

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Thanks guys! and I will put it to good use don't worry about that.
And John I'll pm you soon I'm looking for a decent source for clothing patterns etc.

Yours sincerely
Ruud

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE