My new Mora 2010, brilliant

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I saw a review of this the other day on youtube and as I have used the Mora 2000 for a few years now I thought I'd give it ago.

The blade is a bit smaller than the Mora 2000 so I would say it is a little easier to use for carving and camp chores.
I've just used the 2010 in the garden so far but am going to take it out tonight and give it a propper go. The clincher for me that made me buy it was the sheath system it has is very usefull:- it has a swivel attachment and also looks alot better than the sheath on my Mora 2000 which is very ugly!

here is the review I saw on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Smw5pPf84

This is where I bought mine from, they are on sale at the minute £19.80.

http://workshopheaven.com/cgi-bin/c...act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=MORA2010MG&cat=&catstr=

Heinnie also sell them but they are full price £24.95

http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Mora/Mora-Hunter-2010/p-92-304-4202/

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've had one for a few months now and it is a cracking knife. Very highly recommended and takes loads of abuse.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've got one too, and I admit that though it's 'big' for me, I do like it, and I do use it :) It's good for choking up to work close and yet it's good for kitchen chores too. Feathersticks, basketry, cleaning fomes and trimming hide all worked well with it.
The sheath is a totally different animal to previous Moras, hangs securely on a belt and swivels to make drawing out easy.

cheers,
Toddy

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
The sheath is a totally different animal to previous Moras, hangs securely on a belt and swivels to make drawing out easy.

cheers,
Toddy

The sheath looks the same as the one that comes with the Quicksnap, nice sheath (for being plastic) and very secure.

apj1974

Nomad
Nov 17, 2009
Lancashire. UK
www.apj.org.uk
The sheath looks the same as the one that comes with the Quicksnap, nice sheath (for being plastic) and very secure.

Yeah, it looks like it is basically the sheath and handle of a quicksnap and the blade of a 2000, which I would say is a damn good combination.

The quicksnap sheath is so good (for plastic) that I have never wanted to replace it.

I want one now.

Beorn

Oct 27, 2009
Ulm
You're lucky over there in Britain! I have to wait till 15th of march to get one in Germany :(

Some over here on the continent said, that the Mora 2010 was made for the British Forces at first and that is why they need some time to make enough to sell them somewhere else? Do you know something about that?

So long, I'm waiting for my awaited pre-order (or should just pay the extra shipping ... difficult).

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Some over here on the continent said, that the Mora 2010 was made for the British Forces at first and that is why they need some time to make enough to sell them somewhere else? Do you know something about that?

It's the first I've heard of that, but I will investigate. The clipper has recently been issued to a few regiments involved in E&E, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Beorn

Oct 27, 2009
Ulm
It was something one of the guys at the german "Messerforum" thought about. It would be an explanation why the Moras from Sweden need so long to reach Germany, that it isn't farther away than Britain :D

Until I get mine I'll watch the youtube Video and read what you write about it here! So please shorten my waiting time, please! :You_Rock_

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
I bought a 2010, but I don't like it as much as many of the other varieties of Mora.

I find that the belly sweeps too steeply up to the tip, and I don't like the way that the design of the handle makes the knife "point".
I'd much rather carry a 711/746, 510/545, 840/860 or Craftline Allround.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yeah, the way the knife points due to the handle is odd. I soon got used to it though, I find it more comfortable than the clippers etc. Seems more comfortable to me as I like a large handle.

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
If you like a large handle, I think you'd like the 711 (carbon) or 746 (stainless).

You can find 711s for around £9 within the UK.

Last edited:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Took mine out for it's maiden voyage today.. It performed admirably cutting, battoning etc. Didn't see any problem with the blade angle although the spine is too rounded to strike a firesteel.. I'll remedy that

seoprb.jpg

25hnvj7.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I like that new colour, does it come as standrd like that now? Mine is black and bright yellow with black sheath. I squared off the spine on mine, but should have just squared off the last third as it's not too comfortable for push cuts now. In fact I have superficial slices in my left thumb because of that.

tytek

Forager
Dec 25, 2009
Leeds
I'm seriously looking at getting one of these.
It's a shame Chas Ohlson don't stock them - Leeds store is being built at the moment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE