My new knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I like this, it looks like a good quality user.
I particularly like the positioning of the firesteel holder so far down the sheath. Alot of sheaths with firesteel loops attached have them right at the top and I find the handle of the firesteel gets in the way when drawing the knife from the sheath. Yours is a well thought out design. :)

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Thanks Snufkin.Put some pics up when your done? I'd like to see your knife. What is a bowback?

Will do. Got the heat treat done today. Scales are glued on and drying at the moment. I have to go out but hopefully I'll get the handle roughly shaped later tonight.
A bowback is a knife with a humped spine, like a nessmuk or a Grohmann boat knife. I was looking at knives on the net and saw the BRKT Canadian Special. I can't afford one and I've never been too wild about the handle shapes on the BRKT knives I've handled so I decided to knock one up myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE