My new Bushcraft Knife

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Was working on this alot yesterday.
I had duncan make me one of his excellent woodlore style blades with afew changes to the origional woodlore. i havent put it to much use yet but i can say that its very easy to control, it glides through wood with very little effort and the handle is very comfortable and solid.

so the specs:

Steel- German Rolled O1 tool steel 58/59HRC
grinds - 22deg with ceramic honed micro bevel
Scales - by myself Stabilised antique grey curly birch.
Blade thickness- 3.5mm - my favorite thickness.

woodcraftschool140.jpg

woodcraftschool137.jpg

woodcraftschool141.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That looks very sound Josh :D

I like the colour you've got on the scales too :cool:

What are you doing about a sheath ?

cheers,
M

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Looks good Josh. I can't see a thing wrong with that knife. Now when you coming up here to see us midland dwelling scumbags.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Cheers Toddy,
at the moment its in the "GBS or Generic bushcraft sheath" i will make a new one for this knife when i get my mits on some veg tan.

Looks good Josh. I can't see a thing wrong with that knife. Now when you coming up here to see us midland dwelling scumbags.

cheers dude, i like it so much, im selling alot of the others.

what, yal northeners, is davey back home yet? if he is i could pop up and eat the food in his kitchen for a weekend i suppose. as long as im free and have a means of traveling.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Cheers Toddy,
at the moment its in the "GBS or Generic bushcraft sheath" i will make a new one for this knife when i get my mits on some veg tan.

cheers dude, i like it so much, im selling alot of the others.

what, yal northeners, is davey back home yet? if he is i could pop up and eat the food in his kitchen for a weekend i suppose. as long as im free and have a means of traveling.

Now don't get me all confused with those Northeners. I am Chelsea born and bred.

Haven't heard from Mr 569. I'll find out. There are plenty of holes in the ground around here you can sleep in. You can use the stach-mans fox holes if you want. I'm sure he won't mind and it'll be a great experiment we'd all like to see.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Now don't get me all confused with those Northeners. I am Chelsea born and bred.

Haven't heard from Mr 569. I'll find out. There are plenty of holes in the ground around here you can sleep in. You can use the stach-mans fox holes if you want. I'm sure he won't mind and it'll be a great experiment we'd all like to see.

ive heard that one before...

i suppose, but if we go there i will need your new posh Deval to protect me, as he is impervious to all knives other than damasteel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE