My little accident on the Woodlore Course!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tuxdad

Feb 26, 2008
USA
Took the tip of my left pinky off, and still going at it.. Glad you're still out there trying.. If anything this is the time to get out even more .. This way you can think outside the box, and learn to adapt..

I was never more suprised at how much a splinted pinky finger can get in the way and actually how much it hurts...lol

Heal up fast !!

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
'Tis but a flesh wound!'

But I bet it smarted a bit when you did it!

It's better than a tattoo anyway.

I've got a nice arc scar across the base of my left thumb. It's in such a place that I can't help but clock it whenever I'm holding anything to cut. It reminds me not to be a nob and to take my time and do things properly.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I keep getting my right thumb with a knife when whittling. It happens when my hand is getting so tired it's shaking - I should stop - then the knife reminds me it's time to stop with a little sting.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
keep it clean and once it starts to heel rub honey in the wound, and eventually you won't have a nasty scar for years to come, running honey is antibacterial and will heel much quicker. Tc. cheers the interceptor boy.

Chasing Rainbows

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2011
Central Scotland
COOL scar!

I agree. That is going to leave a seriously cool looking scar. My latest injury was very close to hitting the tendon in my pinky.....I did it with a teaspoon! :p (seriously)

Have you ever heard of granuflex dressings? I swear they have magical healing properties! I'll start a wee thread about it the now.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I recently discovered these gloves. They are rated as cut resistance level 5 (which is high) yet they fit really snugly so you don't lose dexterity. I don't usually wear gloves when I'm using a knife as I worry that the gloves will make it more likely that I will slip. These seem to answer that problem. No affiliation blah, blah, blah...

Cool scar though! Keep it moving so it doesn't stiffen up.

Z

OakTinder

Jul 31, 2011
California
After receiving messages of sympathy and urges not to give up on bushcraft I have decided to show you that it's not too bad and I'm not going to give up!

I've had lots of jokes from friends regarding an "encounter with Zorro", am I going to "get 1, 3, 4 & 5 done too to help me count?" or did I get it "filleting a bug?" (hmmm people whose only experience is "I'm a Celebrity- Get Me Out of Here" I think!)

View attachment 7376

(I didn't cut it like that, the surgeon did when repairing my extensor tendon!)
Can't bend it properly yet but it's on the mend
:)

You arent the only one thats cut a tenon
100_3068.jpg

Cut mine Sept 5th it takes awhile to get the flex back in midevil thereopy... I mean physcial therepoy lol

Dec 16, 2007
You arent the only one thats cut a tenon
100_3068.jpg

Cut mine Sept 5th it takes awhile to get the flex back in midevil thereopy... I mean physcial therepoy lol

Done the same thing with my left thumb. Done the EPL tendon. 12 weeks off work. have 98% flex back aches in the cold and numb around the scar and that was 4 years ago. Now very careful with sharp things.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
The worse thing in my experiance with cuts is the fact you now your doing something wrong or being lazy cant be bothered to fetch a block to cut on etc. Then when it happens you think prat why did i do that i new it would happen. Doh

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE