My Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
You have a 4lt bottle, but I don't carry more than 2 litres when hiking. unless you are somewhere where there is not much water (does such a place exist in the UK?) I'd say carry less.

I am even going to carry less the next time I go out, 1.5lts or 1.75

I usually take 2 ltr of water either in its original plastic bottle or in the bag. The reason I take the bag is because most days regardless if I'm at home or work I'll drink at least 2 ltrs of water per day (I'm always thirsty). So when I'm making a brew I'll boil 1 ltr, have my brew let the rest cool and then pour into the bag and do the same later with the next brew.

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
Sorry to be a nuisance, no shovel/ trowel/ bin bags for No 2, also what about wash kit?

Don't really feel a shovel is necessary a stick pretty much can do the same job. (resisted temptation to write jobby there)

As for a wash kit, its usually only two days at the weekend for me which I can get away with, helped by the smell of smoke :). I did purchase a bar of silvatec soap recently which according to what I have read is good for keeping the odour down and kills 99% of germs, so should be good for the smelly feet after a hike.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE